My name is Justin Wasson and I live in the small and boring city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It's been several years since I started tae kwon do and, just like everyone else, I've gone through several obstacles while attepmting to achieve my status as black belt but it was all worth it.

Monday, January 02, 2006

A Surprise Visit

After work last Thursday my dad needed to return a CD to Best Buy because it didnt work. So I'm standing in the customer service line while he goes to find another copy of the CD to replace the old 1. After standing in line for a few minutes, bored out of my mind, I looked over towards the entrance of the store and see the Thomas's walking in. The majority of people at my tae kwon do school wouldn't remember who the Thomas's are because the family stopped going a little over a year ago, but they hold a great amount of respect from me because of everything that they taught me. The four of them went toward the back in the t.v. area while I was stuck in the slow moving customer service line. After several minutes of waiting I was finally free so I told my sister that I would meet her and my dad in a few minutes by the front door because it had been a long time since I last saw the Thomas's. Sean and Katrina were off in the video game area while their parents were checking out the tv's. I got a few minutes to talk with them which was pretty fun. I have so many old memories of the people that taught me so much and it's unfortunate that a lot of them didn't continue tae kwon do. I don't understand how others that are in a similar situation deal with it because it's not easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home