My name is Justin Wasson and I live in the small and boring city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It's been several years since I started tae kwon do and, just like everyone else, I've gone through several obstacles while attepmting to achieve my status as black belt but it was all worth it.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ironic

A few weeks ago, me and Cavio (a 1st degree black belt at tae kwon do) got into an argument. This is nothing new for us, but the reason for the argument was very ironic.

"Did you know that I'm joining the military?" she said to me

I responded with a brief chuckle which got us into an argument. She never understood why I laughed so I hope she reads this.

Even though our personalities are very different we have a lot in common. We are both in French, play tennis, and are in tae kwon do. But none-the-less, why did I laugh? It's because I greatly considered joining the army last year. How ironic! Am I mistaken?

Another situation like this occured several months ago. I was reading Janes blog www.taekwondomom.blogspot.com and saw that TKDRocker (Pam) left a comment. So I decided to check out her blog. www.tkdrocker.blogspot.com Well, it turns out that she is also in French, plays tennis, and takes tae kwon do. Crazy, isn't it. It's as if I have a secret fan club of people who try to imitate me.

Irony - The contrast between appearance and reality.....A chinese man taught me that definition. Once again, How ironic! But thats enough irony for tonite. Heres a few more pictures.

Jung's tournament picture
Blake on the day he received his black belt
I plan to update about classes tomorrow. Leave comments, thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger taekwondomom said...

I am glad you're not joining the military, but you would probably be good at it if you wanted to. And I'm not being ironic!

Nice pictures, by the way.

9:07 AM

 
Blogger RunningCoyote said...

Thats a uhhh.....all i can say is..why didn't you tell me that from the start? we don't argument that much, we have a few disagreements, but its all good! You joining the Army, I'm speechless, Why didnt you join the army? Would have been a great experience for you. my dad said your senior pictures looks a new space age star trek outfit..yeah
well peace out

8:21 PM

 
Blogger RunningCoyote said...

Hmmm.......homework, i love it! Atleast you got something thats worth while that seems interesting, surprising i know alot about the supreme court *high fives*

7:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home