My name is Justin Wasson and I live in the small and boring city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It's been several years since I started tae kwon do and, just like everyone else, I've gone through several obstacles while attepmting to achieve my status as black belt but it was all worth it.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

ANOTHER Job

As if my schedule wasn't hectic enough I've decided to partake in an internship under my dad's accountant, Sonja Dunlap at Advantage Tax. It is an accounting internship so it will be good experience since I want to major in accounting and French in college.

There is another person who also interns there. Her name is Stephanie and she is a junior at Washington High. This is her third year so shes teaching me most of what to expect to do and what time to do it.

These first three days in the office have been pretty fun, mostly moving and preparing files. It's extremely differnet from the outdoor pressure washing work with my dad.

Some office quotes:

Stephanie-I hate wrestling with all these files
Me-Its not so bad when its WWF though
^yawn, one of my lame jokes


Me-So what's the standard dress code here
Sonya-Your fine in what your wearing now, just make sure that you don't wear anything that shows your belly, butt or boobs.
^didn't expect that one to come from my boss


Stephanie-So where do you go to school
Me-Kennedy
Stephanie-Oh, I feel sorry for you
^why does everyone hate kennedy?


Sonya-Just go ahead and use the electric stapler
^electric staplers are SOOOO COOL!!!!!


Me-Hick.....That's an appropriate last name for an Iowan
^there were three people's folders whose last name was Hick in the file cabinet.

2 Comments:

Blogger taekwondomom said...

I'm glad your job is amusing :-)

And I bet it IS quite different from power washing!

2:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crack whore

4:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home